Investing in Stock Market is beneficial because you can achieve your financial goals in the future. You can prepare for your retirement,funding for your children’s education,buying your dream house, business funding and many more. It will require discipline and commitment. It is not easy but it can be done. Many Filipinos do not see investing in Stock Market as a viable tool to attain our aspirations in life. But if you are willing to learn and be consistent on handling your finances well, you can start to invest in stock market and do these 7 things first before you jump into it.
1. Pay your debt. It is ideal that you have no loans before you invest particularly the ones that give big interest. Good interest and bad interest will pull each other,thus, your networth will not grow. Know if what you borrowed is an asset or a liability.
2. Create a habit of paying yourself. Learn to live at 80% of your income. Set aside the 20% for your savings and investment. Everytime you earn,prioritize saving first. Use this formula:Income Minus Savings=Expenses rather than Income minus Expenses=Savings
3. Create your emergency fund. Save 3 to 6 times of your monthly salary. If you will have to pay something that is unexpected,you can get it from your emergency fund. You have money to use if you lose your job,a member of the family gets sick, your daughter needs to pay something at school,the gate of your house was broken down,you need to buy a spare tire and many more.
4. Get yourself a health card and your family members. It is very important that you have health card so that if illness happens, you don’t have to shell out cash. If you will be hospitalized for a dengue, it will cost you like 30k-100k for a week. But if you have a health card,you do not need to pay for it but the HMO company will take care of it.
5.Insure your non-life assets. Things will not go well unexpectedly. You are driving and suddenly you slam someone’s car or worst is you hit people while they are crossing the streets. This will cost you money if you do not have an auto insurance. Get your non-life insurance for your car,house,business,accident,travel and many more for you to be protected.
6. Get Dread Disease Insurance. We hope that we will not get sick like cancer,diabetes,stroke,terminal illness, etcetera because this will cost you a lot of money. It’s better to have this coverage so that if it happens, you have funds to use for your treatment.
7.Get Life insurance. The most important insurance that you should have. You are the money making machine and if death comes,your income will stop. Your dependents will surely be left for nothing. How they can continue the lifestyle that you are providing with them. If you pass today, would you know if your family will be financially secured without you? If not, you should insure yourself properly.
These are the things that you should do before you invest in Stock Market so that you can maximize the returns of your investments. It is not ideal to jump right away to invest without assessing if you are capable of doing it so. Your hard-earned money should be well allocated otherwise you will lose it all in one snap. The logic here is even if you are earning well to your stock market investment and unexpected things happen, you are prepared for it rather than you will suddenly stop your investment or withdraw it which you will be in a losing situation. If your money in stock market is not even earning yet,you just wasted your time and money. You simply follow these steps from saving money, you can insure then you can invest and you will be in a winning situation long term for you to achieve your financial goals in the future.
Thanks for reading my blog.